Quality and Manufacturing Engineering for Advanced Composites Materials
Manufacturing of advanced materials such as composites and nanomaterials often involves multiple constituent materials and complex processing steps. Raw materials impurities and processing parameters variations can result in inconsistent quality. HPMI is developing effective physical and statistical methods to predict and control resulting materials variations by integrating prior knowledge, experimental data and computer models.
Related Research Projects:
- Variation analysis of composite and nanomaterials processes
- Variation control of buckypaper fabrication process with multi-stage variation analysis
- Prediction of mechanical properties and their variations of buckypaper/polymer composites with micromechanics and statistical methods
- Uncertainty quantification of buckypaper polymer composites computer models
- Principal components based fault detection and diagnosis for composite and nanomaterials manufacturing processes